i have one hour to kill before my tour starts.. so what do i do? do the work that was assigned to me for tomorrow by my mentoring intern who's already gone for the day and will be gone tomorrow as well?
of course not. because if i finish them now I won't have anything to do tomorrow.
instead, I will use this hour to write about my already mundane working life. It is quite sad that i've already stooped to such a low level in terms of work and it has barely been two weeks. I might actually sign up for ebay, and other things that can pass my time, any good suggestions? My mentoring intern appologize to me every day when i look at her in desperation for ANY kind of stimulation, whether it be physical or of the mind. and then she says "welcome to my world, now get used to it." I find myself actually longing to be those summer students who's downstairs in the plant driving the forklifts around and around carrying boxes full of nylons. even tho they work 12 hours shifts and probably get paid half of what i get.
and the other two interns seem to be occupied all the time.. i don't know if i should envy them or not? i just don't want to come out after 16 months dumber than before. i don't want each day to be a complete replication of the one before and the one after, and most importantly, letting a day go by without having it to mean something.
but so far there are still some perks:
- The Office or Office space have recently gotten MUCH funnier now that i work in one
- freebies! jackets, safety boots, prescription safety glasses
- my supervisor is a total sweetheart. he's probably the most easy going on out of all the three supervisors of the interns.
- seeing stuff i learned in classroom to be implemented in real life is actually pretty cool
i have only successfully only used up 20 mins of my time.. but oh well. maybe i'll just go and surf some more.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
completely random thoughts/rantings. thought you might be interested.
Previous Posts
- so work has started and life has been... well. tir...
- mmmmm wooden head goodness.good times spent with m...
- i didn't wake up for church this morning.. and i p...
- oh wow.it has been a while.being an engineer, i of...
- i don't think i got tagged. but i am a loser and t...
- yes yes, before ppl getting into karate fights, i...
- wow.. i just realized. i have a really flat face a...
- some pictures time :)ottawa trip:meet.. tara and a...
- i am cranky!!!! :(
- it's finally in my hands.finally.my precious... ha...

6 Comments:
SHUTUP
you get free safety glasses? you that'd be so hype...or nerdy....wearing them everywhere
HOOK ME UP
dun worry. as you see stuff that you can take initiative on, you can always create work for yourself. take it easy for now, it's only the beginning =P
Hey Queenie,
What's up? I don't even read your blog anymore, reason being you hardly UPDATE :P May 16th, hehe and I thought I didn't update often...
Anyhow, just wanted to say "hi" and see how my 2005 CC SG members are doing. I've already been lucky enough to have a reunion with my 2006 CC SG members last Monday, but it's been a while since I even said "hi" to my 2005 CC SG members, so "hi"!
WAI!! update ah m'dear!! haha can't wait to see you back in ktown (in um..a couple of days!!) PIZZA AND CURRY HERE WE COME =)
Funce
that's why you respond to my e-mail in less than half an hour.
hey hun, how about updating your blog more often since you have time at work! (not saying all the time you're free)
i'll luv you soonish.
Hey Queens...
I saw you at Urbana 06.., at least I'm pretty sure that should be you... You didn't recognize me though I think... I went to the Discerning God's will seminar on the very last time slot... The speaker(s) confirmed God can speak to us through our dreams. I had two unusual dreams last night. The first one was about me and some others during an ex-brothel into a Christian centre for victims recovering from a life of prostitution and abandoned orphans... I thought to myself, could this be my calling? Then I had a second dream, I was reading a Dec 31st, 2006 entry on your blog and you were talking about how this particular day reminds you of the bad memories of you and an ex, I believe it was from 2001... LOL, strange dream... but if this is for real, maybe there's more to the first dream also... please e-mail me and let me know, if you remember who I am, you should still have my e-mail address from way back (pssst, it's your 2005 CC small group leader...) if you need it, leave me a comment by clicking on my name and going to my blog ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home